Central library-Treasure house of Knowledge
The Libraries at Maharaja Agarsen University have more like integrated knowledge resource centers’ that are stacked with 19,835 books till July 2018, Inspite of these we have donated and specimen books, periodicals, national and international journal, Covering all aspects of academic studies and research materials. MAU libraries have 22 Magazine and 16 newspapers.
Books Detail Are Given Below
|Hotel mgmt & Tourism||1131|
Maharaja Agrasen University is also member of DELNET since 2014. DELNET offers 2390 full text e-journals,e-books and articles for many other steams. All MAU students are registered on NDL (National Digital Library) NDL having 10 Million items have been authored by 3 lakh authors and all items are available in more than 70 languages. NDL is an initiative of Ministry of human resource development (MHRD). We are also member of world e- library and Bhartvani. We have large collection of CDs number about 450. MAU library timing is 9:00 to 5:00 O’clock and during examination days we extend this timing as per the demand of library users. The library staff is always on the alert so that available working materials in the collection are not over looked.
Registers are provided to maintain daily usage of library by teachers and students. Feedback from users is used for enrichment of the special collection.
MAU libraries are automated using open source software “KOHA” Description
Description of ILMS (Integrated learning management system)
• Name of ILMS Software – KOHA
• Nature of Automation – fully
• Version -18.05.08.000
• OS Version – Linux Koha Server 4.15.0-47
• Year of automation-2013-2014
University library building is centrally located. Library building has provision for both individual and group studies making room for interaction, discussion and quiet studies. Adequate space is provided for browsing and quiet reading. MAU library have also Separate reading area for research scholars and faculty member for quiet studies.Library has open Access facility for student, faculty member and staff. All buildings of different libraries have fire detection alarms and OPAC/web OPAC is main tool to provide access to the library collection. MAU library has his own OPAC page from where user can get any information about library books. IP address of that page is following 192.168.1.17 accessible in university campus. Other facilities are given below
• Free Wi-Fi, internet access, free downloads are also provided by MAU libraries
• AC facility has been provided in all libraries.
• Organization of books exhibition/Displays of new books
• Book reservation facility is also available
• Inter library loan service is also available in MAU libraries
2. Collection of rare books, manuscripts, special Reports or any other knowledge resources for library enrichment.
• The Library makes all efforts to acquire use full books including rare books, reports, thesis, and other knowledge resources to enrich its Collection.
• The special collections in the library provides for research interests and subject specialization of students and faculties.
• Like other holdings of library, the collection of rare books, novels,fiction also support to enhance the teaching learning process.
• The special collections include books which are highly priced books proceeding, reports and thesis.
Campus wise details are as follows
|PHD Thesis||33||Abstract of Thesis 37, synopsis 66|
|Hard Bound Journal||15||67||58||42||31|