Events at University level
· First Convocation of the University
The University organised its first Convocation on 9 September 2015. Shri Manohar Lal Khattar, Hon’ble Chief Minister of Haryana was the Chief Guest. Dr. Nand Kishore Garg, Hon’ble Chancellorof the University presided over the Convocation.
· CCI Technology Educational Excellence Award:
The Consortium of Industries conferred “CCI Technology Excellence-2014” Award in the category of “Best Emerging Private University of India” to Maharaja Agrasen University.
· Corporate Social Responsibility Initiative:
The University bagged the CSR project sponsored by Rastriya Ispat Nigam Ltd. Vishakhapatnam (RINL, VSP) to provide Free Computer Education to the Girls belonging to Economically Weaker Section (EWS) of the nearby areas. The planned expenditure of the project is around INR 30 lacs. As per the term of the project, the university was bound to provide free computer education to 100 girl students only but as more than 200 applications from enthusiastic students were received, it was decided by the Management that extra 100 girls be provided this facility and the extra cost incurred thereon will be met by the university.
· Setting up of Maharaja Agrasen Chair:
To promote the ideology and principles of legendary Maharaja Agrasen, the university has established Maharaja Agrasen Chair on September 30, 2014.
· Agrani Mahotsav
On 1 October 2015, the University organised Agrani Mahotsav to welcome new students.
· Vigilance Awareness Week
On 31 October 2015, “Vigilance Awareness Week” was observed to spread awareness about corruption and steps to be taken to make a Corruption Free India.
· Celebrating 140th Birth Anniversary of Sardar Vallabh Bhai Patel
On 31 October 2015, University celebrated the 140th birth anniversary of Sardar Vallabh Bhai Patel as Unity Day.
· Shikshit Bharat Saksham Bharat: Quality Education for All:
On 14 November 2015, Maharaja Agrasen University organized an event on the occasion of “International Students Day” on the theme, ‘Educated India, Enabled India: Quality Education for All.” A debate competition was organised wherein students expressed their views on contemporary national and international issues.
· On12 January 2016 Swami Vivekananda Birth Anniversary was celebrated by unveiling the Statue of Swami Vivekananda.
· On 13 January 2016 Lohri was celebrated by all Faculty, Staff and Students.
· On 12 February 2016, our University celebrated the festival of Basant Panchami by organizing Havan ceremony and Saraswati Poojan for the prosperity and intellectual development of the students and to get the blessings of Maa Saraswati, the goddess of knowledge.
· From 19 to 21 February 2016, our students participated in a Sports Meet organised by MNIT Jaipur.
· On 4, 5 March 2016 our students participated in the Volleyball competition in the Sports Meet organised by Chitkara University and won the Winner’s Trophy.
· Women’s Week was organised from 8th to 15th March ’16. Various competitions were organised during this week for the girl students.
· On 16 March 2016 aworkshop on Vedic Mathematics was organized in Joint Collaboration with Shiksha Sanskriti Utthan Nyas, Delhi.
· From 4 to 6 April 2016 our university organised Inter-School Sports Meet.
· On 9 April 2016 Bhagwati Jagran was organised during auspicious days of Navrathris.
· On 10, 11 & 12 April 2016, Our students participated and won Winners Trophy in Volleyball in Inter University Sports Meet organised by Baddi University.
· On 10 & 11 April 2016, Students’ fest “Catalystico-2016” was organised. Various cultural and technical competitions were organised. On day one, preliminary rounds of the competitions were held. The day ended with students enjoying dance while DJ Supersonic weaved his magic. On day two all the final events were held. Students from neighbouring universities also participated. The finale of the two-day event was the performance by Jassi Gill & Babbal Rai. The event was a grand success.
· On 10 April 2016, two important social events were inaugurated. Second Batch of Free Computer Education for Girl child belonging to EWS families was started. The project is concerned with providing basic knowledge of computer to the girl students from the economically weaker sections of nearby villages. The project is completely free of cost for all the participants. The project was launched in association with Rashtriya Ispat Nigam Limited - the corporate entity of Visakhapatnam Steel Plant under the Ministry of Steel. Under another CSR initiative, Mobile Medical van was launched. Shri Kaul Singh Thakur, Hon’ble Minister of Health & Family Welfare, HP, was the Chief Guest while Dr. Nand Kishore Garg, Hon’ble Chancellor Maharaja Agrasen University was the Guest of Honour on both the occasions.
· On 21 June 2016 International Day of Yoga was celebrated in the University Campus. Faculty members, staff, students and people from nearby villages participated by performing yogic exercises under expert supervision. Vice Chancellor, Prof R.K.Gupta and Project In-charge, Shri S.K. Gupta, encouraged all to spare some time each day for yoga for healthy living. Prof R.K.Gupta further dwelt at length on the history of Yoga and its benefits. He also announced that a certificate course in Yoga will be started soon.
On 11 March 2016, Mr. Ajay K. Poddar, Registrar, was conferred with Rashtriya Gaurav Award by Dr. Bhishma Narain Singh, Former Governor of Tamil Nadu and Assam for meritorious services, outstanding performance and remarkable role. The award was present at a ceremony organised by IIFS, Delhi.
· On 27August 2015, Dept. of NSS of Maharaja Agrasen University (MAU) organised a Tree Plantation Day. On this day, NSS volunteers visited village Kalujhanda just outside MAU and planted different types of trees along the roadside and on the roundabout alongsidethe village.
· On 29October 2015,Dept. of NSS of Maharaja Agrasen University (MAU) in collaboration with village Kalujhanda youth welfare association, organised a Blood Donation Campat village Kalujhanda with technical assistance of Blood Bank GMCH-16, Chandigarh in which large number of NSS volunteers donated blood and motivated others to donate blood for the noble cause.
· NSS unit of MAU along with School of Pharmacy organised a one-week camp from 15 November to 21 November 2015. During these days, activities like quiz competition, poster making competitions,campaign against drug addiction, safe use of drugs, cleanliness and tree plantation were organised.
· On 23 January 2016, NSS volunteers visited Govt. Senior Secondary School, Nanakpur (a village near AMU campus) and held quiz competitions, one-act plays, skits and motivated the students to become good and responsible citizens.
· On 7 April 2016, NSS organised a Blood Donation Camp at our campus withtechnical assistance of Blood Bank of Civil Hospital Panchkula (Haryana) in which a large number of NSS volunteers donated blood.
· Secured 2nd position in the Volleyball competition in the Sports Meet organized by Lovely Professional University, Jalandhar and received cash prize of INR.9,000/-, Trophy & Certificate.
The students of Maharaja Agrasen University made their present felt by participating in the Inter-University Cultural Fests and won following prizes during the last six months:
· Secured 1st position and got INR 35000/- in Model Presentation Competition in the ‘TECHFEST’ organized by Chitkara University, Baddi.
· Secured 1st position and received vouchers worth INR 15000/- and cash INR 15000/- in “SYNIDE” a cultural fest organized by Punjab University, Chandigarh.
· Secured 2nd position in theme based Ramp Walk in the “GOONJ” a cultural fest organized by University Institute of Engineering and Technology (UIET), Punjab University, Chandigarh.
· Secured 2nd position in theme based Ramp Walk on the theme ‘Back to the future’ in the Annual fest “Explore 2015” held at Chitkara University, Rajpura, Punjab.
· Secured 2nd position in theme based Ramp Walk on women empowerment at “Jhankar 2015” organized by Punjab University, Chandigarh.
· Secured 3rd position in the Bhangra Competition in the “GOONJ” a cultural fest organized by University Institute of Engineering and Technology, Punjab University, Chandigarh.
Celebration of International and National Days
· Teacher’s Day was celebrated on September 5th, 2015 and September 2016.This day marks the crucial role of teachers in the overall development of students. On this occasion, students organized sparking activities and honored the teachers.
· Independence Daywascelebrated August 15th 2015 and August 15th 2016. Various cultural works programmes have been organized by the students and sweets were distributed amongst them and the staff members.
· World Architecture Day was celebrated on October 8th 2015 and October 2016. On theseoccasions eminent and senior Architect Shri Pallav Mukherji and Ar.(Dr.) Prabhjot Kaur, Deputy Director, Punjab Technical University addressed the students and motivated them to give their best and devote themselves for raising the professional standards.
· Maharaja Agrasen Jayanti was celebrated in the memory of the Great Maharaja Agrasen on October 22, 2016. The Chancellor Dr. N.K.Garg, Vice Chancellor,Prof. Dr.R.K.Gupta and Project Incharge Suresh Gupta, along with faculty members and staff participated in the events.
· National Education Day
Maharaja Agrasen University celebrated National Education Day on November 11, 2015 to venerate the birth Anniversary of the Country’s first Education Minister Maulana Abdul Kalam Azad who was a great educationist and freedom fighter.
Swami Vivekanada’s 151st Birth Anniversary was celebrated on January 12th, 2015 and January 2016 in the premises of Maharaja Agrasen University.
Maharaja Agrasen School of Architecture and Design Celebrated World Bamboo Day on September 18th, 2015 and 2016.
117th Birth Anniversary of the Great Freedom Fighter, Netaji Subhash Chandra was celebrated in the campus. All students of the university and many students of various schools of nearby areas, to inculcate in them the true spirit of Nationalism.
· Engineers Day was also celebrating Maharaja Agrasen Institute of Technology. In the first session, the importance of celebrating Engineers day was made understood to the students. In the next session activities, such as Group Discussion on the vibrant issues were discussed in detail. Further a session to break the monotony of regular classroom teaching, a lab on computer gaming was organized.