Bachelor of Library Science (B.Lib.Sc.) is a professional graduate degree program. The B.Lib.Sc degree is provided after the completion of a one-year course. The program includes the standards and performances of Library Science. It also covers Library Administration with present technologies. B.Lib.Sc covers the cataloguing and classification,database management, reference etc. There are some other topics like information architecture, research methods, collection management, statistic sand IT. Bachelor of Library Science program encompasses of the disciplines like IT, management, academics and other fields to upkeep libraries. Bachelor of Library Science is a learning of the collection, association, distribution of information sources etc.
Salient Feature of Degree Bachelor of Library Science
- Bachelor of Library Science degree serves as a foundation for advanced studies. Some of the higher education courses are like M.Lib.Sc, Ph.D. and M.Phil degree in Library Science. Once the aspirants finish the program, they may try for the post of lecturer in any institute/ university
- Many job chances are available for B.Lib.Sc holders. Some of the areas are like Metadata Management, Computer, Data, Information Architecture, Preservation Administration, Archiving etc. In addition, employments are available in Indexing, Cataloguing, Conservation, Research, Metadata Architecture and IT.
Eligibility Criteria for B.Lib.Sc
Minimum 50% marks are required in the graduation of any stream for getting admission. The qualification required for doing B.Lib.Sc program is a bachelor’s degree with any specialization. The duration of the course is 1 year.
B.Lib.I.Sc. Courses Suitability
· They should have a basic interest in books as well as a variety of topics, good communication skills, customer service attitude and other interpersonal skills.
· Applicants also have organizing ability, ability to anticipate User’s needs, a wide general knowledge and ability to cope with frequent interruptions when doing jobs requiring concentration.
· They must have knowledge of scholarly and public information sources, and follow trends related to publishing, computers, the media and organization of library materials.
How is B.Lib.I.Sc. Courses Beneficial?
· After completing the course they can go for jobs in the areas such as public/government libraries, universities and other academic institutions, news agencies and organizations.
· They have opportunities in the private organizations and special libraries, foreign embassies, photo/film libraries.
· They have also the option of going for higher degrees in the very subject.
· Candidates can also have option in the planning and coordination of the library’s financial operations which are also important and essential task to be performed.
B.Lib.I.Sc. Job Types
· Library Information Officer
· Officer –Library
· Library Information Assistant
· Professional Assistant
· Librarian/Assistant Librarian Assistant
· Junior Library Assistant
· Assistant Technical Manager/Library Assistant/Technician
· Library Trainee
· Project Assistant
· Storage Specialist
· Project Trainee
Advance Course in B.Lib.I.Sc.
After completing Bachelor of Library and Information Science(B.Lib.I.Sc.) you can become:
Other Courses of the School